Sunday, March 29, 2009

Irena & Bryan's Wedding

My First Wedding of 2009
On January 24th, my very good friend Irena and her fiancé Bryan were married in an intimate ceremony with close family and friends. I photographed the signing of the Ketubah (the Jewish wedding contract) and took some portraits after the ceremony and then at dinner. Irena & Bryan will be hosting their official reception for many more of their family and friends in July at Galleria Marchetti and I'm looking forward to celebrating with them again.


A few shots getting beautiful before the ceremony






The Ketubha Ceremony
I am fascinated with all kinds of religious and cultural ceremonies. While photographing this first image almost in the dark, with the single candle casting such an ethereal glow, I felt like belting out the song "Tradition" like Tevye in the Fiddler on the Roof but restrained myself. If I had I'm sure Bryan would have joined me. He's fun like that.


















Celebrating






Happy 2 month anniversary guys. Looking forward to celebrating with you again in July!

1 comment:

  1. Deanna,

    wow - great photo's!!! You're friends must be so happy!!

    XOXO
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete